donderdag 5 juli 2018

Adoptions

I'm trying to keep up with posting on this blog but that is very difficult being a mother of 20!

Last year I started working together with an adoption agency called Nightlight Christian adoptions to try to give some of my children a better future. Some children in my house have no possibility of returning to the village and having adopted two children of my own I know how much joy, blessings and love adoption brings.
The children in my house definitely do not have a bad live living with me but having a family of their own with lot's of attention and love would be something they all deserve. After lot's of prayers, preparation and waiting Tikondane and Caleb were adopted by two families from America last week. Last month has been difficult for me. I'm so incredible thankful and happy that they have a family of their own now but after taking care for them for more than a year it is not easy to see them going. Lot's of tears rolled down my face thinking about them leaving me. Both of them are adopted by amazing families and I could not have asked for anything more. But the truth is it hurts when two children who called you mama for so long are gone. There are times I start doubting if it was the right thing to do to refer them to the adoption agency. But as a mother of so many children I see they want more love and attention as what I'm able to give them. Deep in my heart I know it is better for them to grow up in their own families and it would be selfish from me to keep them all in my house.   
Both families promised lot's of updates and I'm eagerly waiting to see how they will adapt to their new lives and new families. 
Adoption is an emotional process but definitely worth it. It opens a world of opportunities and chances for these two precious boys.
I can't thank God enough for guiding and leading me through these new steps in my life.





My prayer for Tikodane and Caleb is that they will be loved and cared for by their new families. That they will grow up knowing their biological family and country of origin. That they will receive unconditional blessings and love from their new parents and brothers and sisters.
That they will grow up knowing Christ and understanding why they were referred for adoption. That they will have the opportunity to return in the future to visit their home country. 

Tikondane and Caleb will always have a special place in my heart.


Love,
Nicole

1 opmerking:

  1. Lieve Nicole,
    Ik lees net je post en eindelijk eens tijd voor je hele site en alle kinderverhalen. We steunen je met mijn stichting in Zundert waarbij we kunnen met shoppen en klanten wijzen op je site en (tijdelijk) bekommeren over adoptiemaandgeld voor 1 of meer kinderen.
    Regelmatig vraag ik god jouw en al jouw kinderen hierdoorheen te helpen en de kracht en middelen te geven. Als het slecht en moeilijk gaat vraag ik hem via onze shop om onze biologische klanten en cursisten en traumaverwerkingsklanten/kinderen/ouders meer schapenvachten van jullie te kopen. Zodat het geld naar jullie gaat, kunnen we in elk geval iets doen. Ik ben zo vreselijk trots op jou. Ik kon het nog niet. Die kinderen in mn armen gedrukt krijgen om mee te nemen naar Zundert. Dus lang niet meer in Afrika geweest na mijn empowernment train-de-trainers programma in afrika dat ik van mijn baas mocht volgen. door ghandi en mandella volgelingen, ik mis mn land. Hopelijk kan ik dit jaar weer komen, nu ik sterker ben en de nederlandse getraumatiseerde kinderen tijdelijk achter me kan laten nu ze groter zijn en stabieler op onze boerderij in wernhout.
    Ik denk aan je en je vind de kracht om meer kinders los te laten vanuit je grote moederhart. Misschien wel 1 bij ons, gezien ik zelf na ziekte geen kinderen kan dragen en toch moeder ben met mijn man.
    Ik neem contact op met je ouders, wat we kunnen doen aan ondersteuning vanuit ons hier en nu.
    Maar meid, powerrrrr en liefde, ik bid regelmatig voor jullie en als het mag kom ik graag helpen als kinder-trauma-therapeut en pedahogisch hulpverlener met 2 helpende handen en groot christelijk hart. Liefs lindsay karels www.wijzijnhierennu.nl

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen