dinsdag 22 december 2015

Christmas time

In a few days it is Christmas. The fourth time I’m going to celebrate Christmas in Malawi. Christmas away from all the traditions I know, away from my family in the Netherlands. God blessed me with a beautiful new family here in Malawi and I’m incredible thankful for everything He has given me.
This year celebrating Christmas seems to be more difficult than previous years. How can I enjoy a nice meal while I know so many children are starving? So many children who would be happy with just a cup of tea and a piece of bread. So many children who can only dream of receiving presents with Christmas. Grandmothers who are not eating so they can give the little amounts of food they have to their grandchildren.
At the moment Africare foundation is feeding more than 100 children. Most children call me ‘Mama’. I build up relationships with all mothers and grandmothers. They trust me and I trust them. So many families who are eating because Africare foundation is providing maize, soya, beans, Lactogen milk and more. The last few months I can’t remember a moment I had time to sit down and do nothing. We repaired more than 30 houses. We bought materials to make them water proof and strong enough to survive the strong winds during the raining season. We build 5 new houses for grandmothers who were living in small kitchens. We helped 25 families with seeds because they had nothing to plant. We bought 20 pieces of land to make sure these families will harvest enough to feed themselves next year. An additional 5 families are currently helped because they come and do washing at the

Africare house once a week. Every week we are distributing 50 tins of
Lactogen milk. Every month hundreds kilo’s of maize.
We paid for many children to receive treatment in the hospital mostly
because of Malaria.

There is still so much work to do but I would like to thank all sponsors so much to make this all possible. Without your help Africare foundation would have never been able to feed and help all these precious children and families. Our goal is to make all families sustainable again and we will keep fighting for this.


A blessed Christmas is not in presents but in HIS presence.


Love,Nicole




Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten